Monday, July 27, 2009

NDP MP calls on feds to apologize to gay veterans

I have a new piece up on the national page of Xtra.ca today. It was actually meant to go up on Friday, but events got in the way, my editor got swamped, and it got bumped to today. But no matter.

It was an interesting piece to write, and I'm glad I had the space latitudes the website offered because I'm not sure how much more I could have really cut from this piece as it is. In fact, the genesis of this story was a very brief piece that showed up in a Sun Media piece a month ago that my editor asked me to take a look into. When I did, there was just so much more to the story than just a blurb. But then, I guess that's why I'm doing what I'm doing.

Let me also add that after the frustrations of being unable to get in touch with a couple of Liberal critics for one of the pieces I have in the upcoming print issue of Capital Xtra, having Judy Sgro get back to me in twenty minutes was a godsend. Similarly, for Stoffer to have been immediately reachable when I called his office was a nice change from the previous week.

No comments: