Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Conservative MP blasts decision to fund Pride Toronto

This piece, now on the Xtra.ca national page, was a very interesting piece to write. It began as a quick brief early in the afternoon, and then expanded later on as interviews rolled in, and thus we come to the final product here.

It was also one of the first pieces that I wrote where I also spent time on the phone trading information with other journalists - which was pretty cool. I even contributed to the piece put out by The Canadian Press (here) - that was my interview with the unnamed caucus member, who I couldn't use in my piece for certain reasons, but I was happy to see that it got out there. (Now, if I had been given more credit in the article, with a "with files from Dale Smith" mention or something, that would also have been nice...) I'm also really glad that I've built up enough contacts that getting interviews for this piece was fairly easy, and that it made the turnaround time fairly quick, all things considered.

No comments: