Sunday, May 3, 2009

Thoughts From the Hill - May Edition

The May issue of Outlooks is now widely available, and I have my usual Thoughts From the Hill panel therein, this time looking at issues relating to our immigration system. I was largely motivated for this piece after the coverage I have been doing on the various aspects of our immigration system of late, particularly with respect to gay and lesbian refugees, but I hadn't much heard from my usual political panellists on the issue yet, so I took the opportunity. There is likely to be more coverage on this issue still to come, as the Citizenship and Immigration Committee examines the issue of appointments to the Immigration and Refugee Board, and I've been following those proceedings to a certain extent.

You can read this month's panel in Outlooks' print edition, or in the online edition, which you can download in .pdf format here. (The panel can be found on page 13).

No comments: