Thursday, May 7, 2009

Gay seniors in Quebec get funding

I have a piece up on the national page of the Xtra.ca site today about funding for gay seniors in Québec. I had done an article with Bill Ryan for Outlooks over a year ago, so it was good to pick up on an old contact and see that the issue of gay and lesbian seniors was evolving. I'll also confess that the head of the Québec Lesbian Network gave me the name of the film she was sending out to those residences, but I wasn't able to catch it because it was in French, and while my French is okay, I wasn't able to decipher it. The two provincial governments that I spoke to - chosen because that's where Xtra has outlets - were also quick to respond and get back to me (which is always a plus), though I will have to say that their websites are unfriendly for media contacts.

No comments: