Sunday, May 17, 2009

Gay MPs on International Day Against Homophobia

My second video piece is now up on the national page of Xtra.ca. This was shot at the same time as the first piece, on the 40th anniversary of the passage of Trudeau's Bill C-150, but edited separately.

The editing process for this second piece went much more smoothly than the first piece, but that had a lot to do with having more practice. I'll also note that the original version was a full minute longer, but my editor chopped out a couple of the segments, but most of those only just illustrated a couple of further points, rather than adding anything substantial, so it wasn't a huge loss (and it's also a lesson to me that I need to be tighter with my video editing - much as I've learned to be with my writing).

Also, the phrase that didn't make it into the video that I almost wish could have, was Scott Brison saying "Octogenarian pugilism aside..."

Here's the video:

No comments: