Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Anti-gay evangelical appointed to refugee board

I did a piece this afternoon, which is now up on the national page of Xtra.ca, about the appointment of another evangelical to a political post. Did I not also say that I would be doing more pieces on immigration issues? Regardless, this was a pretty good piece to write, and all of my interview subjects called me back at a reasonable time, which allowed me to get this filed ahead of schedule, and work on a much shorter second piece today (which I'll link to when it goes up). There will likely be more immigration-related stories yet to come in the next few weeks, and already the two opposition critics in the piece are getting to know me, which isn't such a bad thing. (In fact, Maurizio Bevilacqua keeps wanting to remind me that yes, he was in the cabinet that voted for same-sex marriage and that he was a supporter, which is always nice to hear).

No comments: