Wednesday, March 25, 2009

25 years of Pink Triangle Services

I had the opportunity to do another history piece for the current issue of Capital Xtra, and I gladly took it. Being as I am a relative newcomer to Ottawa (coming up on five years now), I always like to know a little more about the history of what's gone on, and I'm especially interested in knowing more gay and lesbian history, since I think it's something that my generation and the ones after me don't get a lot of exposure to, which makes these kinds of stories extremely important to tell. There was a lot of material to cover for a story like this, and I picked a few narrative threads to tell it, but with only a page to work with, I had to be pretty judicious about some of it. Nevertheless, it was a fun piece to work on, and I learned a lot doing it.

No comments: