Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Gaybourhood candidates prepare for election

I was surprised to see that I had a piece on the Ottawa page of Xtra.ca today, considering that it was supposed to be for the upcoming issue. Nevertheless, it's now online, and it involves the preparations made by the various candidates in Ottawa Centre for a possible election. This follows on the work I've been doing in trying to get more involved coverage of the local riding nomination races, to ensure that readers can engage with politics on the ground level like this.

It was good connecting with the various candidates. I've come into contact with Dewar before, and this time I was able to have a face-to-face with Bradley, which was nice considering we've previously only spoken by phone before. This was the first time I've spoken with Hunter as well, but I have little doubt that I'll be seeing more of her in the not-too-distant future.

No comments: