Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Finding a way out of the HIV criminalization loop

The second part of my HIV criminalisation story is now in print and online, and again I'm quite pleased with the results. By having the story split into two parts, I was able to go back and grab a couple of more quick quotes and interviews - in this case, the two MPs and ACO. Those additional viewpoints greatly enhanced the piece in my opinion, so I'm especially glad that I had that opportunity to bring them in.

That said, the editing of this piece did change things a bit. The last four paragraphs were all from the editor, which I feel changed the tone a little, but I realise this is part of the activist tone that a PTP paper likes to adopt, despite my best intentions otherwise. Still, it was a really engaging and important piece to write, and I'm glad I got the opportunity to work on it over the summer.

No comments: