Thursday, March 10, 2011

AIDS drug bill passes Commons

I have a new piece up on the national page of Xtra.ca, which looks at the passage in the Commons of Bill C-393, which is another of those bills I've been following since the beginning. This was also a bill that every other mainstream outlet covered on the very last day - after it got a bit of star power - but that was fine. Many of the other journalists covering it acknowledged to me their debt in when it comes to knowing the background on the issue.

That said, I'm quite disappointed in the editing of the piece, being as I had set out to write the definitive send-off from the Commons, with far more context and background to where it has been and where it's going. Nevertheless, only about half the piece made it, and a couple of the people I spoke to were cut out entirely. But, that's the name of the game, unfortunately.

No comments: