Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Same-sex marriage in Canada - Five Years Later + Thoughts From the Hill - May Edition

I have two new pieces in the May edition of Outlooks, which is now on the newsstands. My first piece, which is on the website, takes a look at the same-sex marriage fight in the Canadian House of Commons five years later. Given that we've already seen people taking this for granted, I wanted to do my part to help keep this history alive in the minds of Canadians, and to encourage those abroad who are still dealing with this issue.

The second piece, my usual panel of three out Parliamentarians, asked for their personal recollections of this particular fight, and I got some really great answers, especially from Senator Nancy Ruth, whose viewpoint was unique and nuanced in the way in which the battle played out.

No comments: