Monday, May 10, 2010

Anti-gay ideology behind Pride Toronto funding snub, say opposition MPs

I have a new piece up on Xtra.ca's national page today, about the Toronto Pride funding issue that everyone is talking about - though I made sure to include mention of the two Montreal festivals vying for funding last year that also didn't get it this year. I was also glad that I got a few more sources this time around than just the same few gay and lesbian MPs, but rather the Liberal tourism critic was involved - in a full-blown foyer scrum no less - and I got Senator Nancy Ruth to give a quote, which isn't always easy to do. only one bit didn't survive the editing process that should have, which was the acknowledgement that this was only a two-year funding envelope that they would use to build toward World Pride in 2014, but otherwise this was a good story on a busy day.

No comments: