Friday, April 23, 2010

Tory ministers skip HIV vaccine study meeting

I have a new piece on the national page of Xtra. ca, which follows up from last week's piece on the CHVI study in the Commons health committee. I'm really glad that I've been following this story, because few others have, and when they do, they have been missing the point. (See the Canadian Press story in particular to prove my point). It's part of why I'm lamenting the dearth of beat reporters on the Hill today, because if the reporter in question had been to all three meetings, rather than just showing up at the last one, and if he'd spoken to any of the MPs involved rather than just taking his copy directly from committee testimony, he might have seen what some of the issues were. But I guess that's why I'm here, and I did get thanks from some of the MPs for paying attention to the story, which makes me feel pretty good as a journalist.

No comments: