Saturday, April 3, 2010

Jack Layton, A Fighter Undeterred + Thoughts From the Hill - April Edition

I have two articles in the April edition of Outlooks. The Outlooks website has also been revamped entirely, and while it looks like the whole current edition is no longer available in .pdf format, individual articles are now posted. The first piece is my sit-down interview with NDP leader Jack Layton, which we had planned to do before his announcement about his battle with prostate cancer, but which ended up being one more part of the article. This was actually my first sit-down with Layton - though our paths have crossed before in terms of scrums and whatnot in the foyer outside of the House of Commons, and just days after this interview, I got Layton's comments regarding another story I was working on.

The second piece, the Thoughts from the Hill panel, isn't online yet unfortunately. In this month's panel, I asked our three queer Parliamentarians about what they thought it says about Canadians that gay rights being excluded from the citizenship guide made mainstream headlines, when compared to the fights going on in the States. And I got a couple of really interesting answers.

You can find Outlooks at many newsstands across the country.

No comments: