Monday, June 22, 2009

NDP, Bloc accuse Liberals of stalling refugee bill

The piece I have up today on the national page of Xtra.ca is actually sadly overdue. The piece ended up coming in about a week late thanks to the enormous difficulty in scheduling the final interview (I will remind everyone this was the crazy final days of the spring sitting of Parliament, where absolutely everybody was in a manic dash to get as many things accomplished as possible, and unfortunately sometimes media requests turned into days-long episodes of phone tag. But I digress). And even when I did file the piece, there were delays on the website end of things. But it's now posted.

This particular bill I've been tracking for a while now, and this issue of it being stalled in committee has been coming to a slow boil, but it's now getting some attention. I have no doubt I'll be keeping an eye on it (as much as I am able) when Parliament resumes in autumn, as this is something the community is treating as an important issue.

No comments: