Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Iceland Elects Openly Gay Prime Minister - A World First! + Thoughts From the Hill - June Edition

I have two pieces in the new issue of Outlooks, on stands now, and the big news is that the magazine has gone glossy and expanded. I'm extremely proud of the step that they've taken, and I can't wait to see the print copy when it arrives. Being a glossy will mean additional challenges - like the fact that all of my deadlines have now been pushed up by three additional weeks - but I'm very much looking forward to what's to come.

The first story in this issue is about Iceland's new lesbian Prime Minister, and given the fact that little has been said about it to date was something I felt worth mention, but not only that, I gave us a bit of reaction from our out gay and lesbian Parliamentarians here in Canada.

The second piece is my June edition of the Thoughts From the Hill panel, with the thematic topic of "What does Pride mean to you," complete with some Pride photos of two of the three panellists.

You can download the full issue in .pdf format here. (My Iceland story is on page 14, and Thoughts From the Hill is on page 15).

No comments: