Wednesday, November 19, 2008

California marriage ban spurs Ottawa DJ

My third piece in the current edition of Capital Xtra was a last-minute one, in which I covered the Proposition 8 protest that was held in Ottawa last Saturday. It was raining, but not too cold, while I covered the two dozen that gathered at the Human Rights monument and marched to the American Embassy on Sussex Drive.

For me, the more interesting aspect of the article which needs to be explored further is the way in which the internet has been playing a large part in the way that these protests have been organised in the United States, to fairly dramatic effect.

I've also included a couple of photos I took at the protest as they arrived at the Embassy. By that point, the official photographer that Capital Xtra assigned had left, so I snapped a couple in case they wanted them for the website. I've posted them here for you.


(That's organiser Charles Cooper to the left)

No comments: