Monday, September 12, 2011

Queering the Liberal Party

My first story of the day was originally a feature story that I had worked on over the course of the summer, but which has been edited down into a much smaller piece. It was a lot of work in terms of talking to some really interesting people within the party about how they feel that the queer community can do its part to help in the Liberal rebuilding, and how the party can reach out to that community as part of that process. Unfortunately, in the editing process, most of that discussion and nuance was cut and it turned into more of a discussion of attracting voters. I'll likely post the original version on my new Tumblr page in a few days, but this was one case where I was really disappointed by the final outcome of the editing process.

Update: Here is the link to the full version on my Tumblr.

No comments: