Monday, May 30, 2011

Democracy Lost Out

I have an editorial in the May issue of Outlooks, which is now available online and in print. This was written immediately after the election, and was a bit of a distillation of the mood of the time. While a couple of weeks have passed, it still holds and talks about a number of things that most columnists aren't talking about right now, which is a conversation I hope to continue in the coming weeks and months.

I had also written a profile of Lee Easton, an openly gay candidate for the leadership of the Alberta Party, which was a bit of a foray back into Alberta provincial politics for me (where the bug first bit me during my years as a page in the Alberta legislature), but unfortunately it was cut for space, and Easton lost the leadership this past weekend, so that piece is iced unfortunately.

The editorial is on page 15 of the print edition.

No comments: