Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Conservatives 'seriously considering' appeal of Ontario sex work decision

I have a new piece on the national page of Xtra.ca today, which was part of a very busy day. The Ontario Superior Court decision came down just before Question Period, so it was a bit of an interesting logistical issue getting the details emailed to me on my phone by my editor. And then the scrums in the Foyer afterward were a bit of a challenge to catch everyone's reaction (and thanks to the Gallery staff for sending me one of the scrums in an MP3).

I'll also say that the full story was a bit of a surprise in the end, given that this was initially supposed to be part of a larger Xtra article, but in the end, it became its own piece. But having it as a stand-alone piece is always appreciated.

Update: I've updated the piece on Thursday with reaction to the government's decision to appeal the ruling.

No comments: