Saturday, February 20, 2010

Be open for democracy's sake

I have a new editorial up on the Xtra.ca national page today which picks up on the whole issue around the outing of cabinet minister John Baird on CBC radio a couple of weeks ago. Having done a number of interviews with Senator Nancy Ruth over the past couple of years, and really getting to know the political machinery in Ottawa better, I felt it was a good opportunity to have more of a dialogue with the readership about partisan politics versus queer community politics. I'm hoping it'll generate discussion (and I'm sure I'll be accused of being a Conservative/Tory shill now as well as a Liberal shill), but there are marginalised political voices in the queer media, and maybe this will be a reminder that it is a broader canvas than some people think of it as.

No comments: