Thursday, November 26, 2009

MPs respond to CBSA film detainment

I have a new piece on the national page of Xtra.ca today, which was another of those quick-and-dirty piece where I canvassed MPs on the Hill about the CBSA issue that exploded across the Xtra.ca page over the weekend. I would have liked to get the public safety critics from the opposition parties to have their say, but it's not my fault they're on a Parliamentary trip. I was also fortunate that Elizabeth May was on the Hill that day, which isn't often the case now that she's trying to win a seat on the West Coast. It also worked out that my editor had commissioned the sidebar on the history of these cases from someone else, and the MPs bringing up the Little Sister's case was a perfect means to tie into this sidebar.

No comments: