Friday, February 6, 2009

Senator Mike Duffy won't apologize for 'offensive' remarks

What was originally going to be a post on my Xtra.ca blog wound up being a full-blown story on the site's national page. Of course, being a more serious piece, I had to tone down some of the tongue-in-cheek elements that I had originally thought about including, such as a possible post title of "Apparently Danny Williams is a top" or other such references, though I did still manage to retain a bit of fun with it. A blog post would also have relied a lot more on actual excerpts from the Senate Hansard, but I'm quite pleased with the way the story wound up nevertheless. I'm especially glad that I was able to include mention of my conversation with Senator Nancy Ruth yesterday in the piece (though I didn't include the bit were she seemed rather pleased that Duffy got bawled out the way he did).

As always, you can check out my Xtra.ca blog, Hill Queeries, here.

No comments: