Thursday, November 4, 2010

NDP tabling suicide prevention bill

I have a new story on the national page of Xtra.ca today, which was a bit of a surprise for me. I had intended to simply go to this press conference as a quick hit for the blog, but during the press conference, things came up that meant that this could turn into a full-fledged story.

I also made a point of asking about where this bill is going to lie on the Order of Precedence, which is a bit of a sticking point with me. I see all kinds of Private Members' Bills tabled constantly with great fanfare that are never intended to go anywhere, so I'm making it a bit of a mission to point this out (and I have in some high-profile scrums a couple of times), so that perhaps We The Media will be more aware of this phenomenon. (For what it's worth, anyway).

No comments: