Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Creating A Village + Reviews

In the July issue of Outlooks, which just hit the stands and went online, I have two pieces. The first is a look at the new initiative taking place to turn a section of Bank Street here in Ottawa to a designated queer village. This is an issue I have written about in the past (in fact, it was my first published piece for the Citizen), so it's something I've kept an eye on and will continue to. This particular piece, thanks to Outlooks formatting, looks absolutely fantastic, in large part due to the graphics that the main interview subject provided, which are copies of the materials he's created for the Village initiative.

My other piece is a series of reviews, most of which I did many months ago (the book review was actually completed last year), but for various reasons, most of them kept getting bumped back in the publishing schedule. Still, I'm glad that it finally saw print--and I would definitely recommend the film Breakfast with Scot.

Both pieces can be seen online at the Outlooks website here, or you can download the full issue in .pdf format here. (The Village piece is on page 19, while the reviews are on pages 22 and 23).

No comments: